“Giftwork” is a term coined by Energise Consultancy and used here with permission.
“As a giftwork enterprise, when you book our services you are also enabling us to donate our time and skills to help our local communities and good causes. Thank you!”
The foundation of this business is that for every paid hour worked, a voluntary hour is donated to local LGBT+ community organising, support and awareness raising, along with other social inclusion work.
The following is a list of my current voluntary work:
- Administrator of Notts Trans Hub, a trans community resource, newsletter, and safer space guidelines
- Volunteering for Notts LGBT+ Network as helpline operator, trainer, and trans adviser
- Support and advocacy for trans individuals
- Advice and consultancy to small organisations regarding LGBT+ issues
- Participation in Nottingham City Council Equality and Fairness Commission
- Participation in Nottingham City Council LGBT Consultation meetings
- Community events organising
- Responding to consultations and participating in important research
- Intersectional equalities campaigning